Questions for Chapter IX
1) What do you know about soma , both as it functions in the novel and as an historical substance? What drugs are most like soma in regards to their function in society?
2) Describe Bernard's behavior as he interacts with the Warden - why does he act this way?
3) Note the repeated references to time in this chapter - what might they mean?
4) What is happening to John when he discovers Lenina and quotes Shakespeare?
5) Discuss the significance of each Shakespeare quote as it relates to John's situation.
|©2010 - About Us - Blog - Site Map - Contact Us|