Questions for Chapter VIII
1) What do you make of the women whipping Linda? Why might they do this?
2) Why does Linda scream when she finds "little animals" in John's hair?
3) Why does Linda dream of "the Other Place"?
4) How would you describe the savage religion?
5) What is the significance of the first verse of Shakespeare that John reads?
6) How does John respond to Shakespeare? What does his response reveal about language?
7) Who is Mitsima and what is his most important lesson?
8) Compare Mitsima's method of education to that practiced in BNW.
9) What is "Antelope Kiva" and what happens there?
10) What is John expressing when he quotes Miranda in Shakespeare's Tempest: "O brave new world" and how does Bernard's final question connect?
|©2010 - About Us - Blog - Site Map - Contact Us|