Questions for Chapter VII
1) Discuss Lenina's relationship to nature and technology.
2) What are the possible meanings of the phrase: "civilization is sterilization"?
3) Why does Lenina react so strongly to the old man and John's mother? What seems to be the BNW approach to aging?
4) Note the details of the ritual on the Savage Reservation - what can you make of them, what do they signify? Note especially the possible symbolism of the Kiva.
5) What animals are mentioned and what might each represent for the Savages?
6) In what way is John Savage twice an outsider?
7) What do we discover about the DHC in this chapter?
8) What is the meaning of the phrases "mending's anti-social" and"the more stitches, the less riches"? Do we have simmilar slogans and attitudes today?
|©2010 - About Us - Blog - Site Map - Contact Us|