Questions for Chapter VI
1) Why does Lenina consider Bernard so "odd"? (consider the specifics as well as the general reason)
2) Why is Bernard's "mania...for doing things in private" a problem, or something to fear in BNW?
3) What is the connection between the phrase "just say no to drugs" and"a gramme is better than a damn"?
4) On their helicopter trip to the Savage Reservation, why is Lenina so desperate to turn on the radio?
5) Discuss the significance of Bernard's response to the sea and Lenina's comment about the "social body".
6) What kind of slavery is mentioned in this chapter? Does this exist today?
7) What do you make of the "Cologne tap" running and Bernard's obsession with this fact?
8) Discuss the meaning of "roots and fruits were abolished; the flower of the present rosily blossomed"?
9) What images of or hints about the Savage Reservation are given here? What do you imagine it to be at this point?
10) Read Zamyatin's We and discuss the connection with the wall around the Savage Reservation and the Green Wall
|©2010 - About Us - Blog - Site Map - Contact Us|