Questions for Chapter II
1) What have you learned about conditioning? Does this only apply to animals?
2) In what ways does conditioning play a part in our everyday lives? How can we use conditioning to improve our lives? When can conditioning be dangerous?
3) Why were they shocking the babies? Who would give a baby an electric shock? What might motivate someone to cause such pain? In what ways is the Milgram Experiment relevant?
4) What is the chief behavior that is conditioned into the citizens of Brave New World? Does this have any relevance to today?
5) Why is hypnopaedia effective? Is there a modern version of hypnopaedia?
6) What are the classes in Brave New World and what does each do?
7) What is “class consciousness”? Is America a “classless society”?
8) What is your class? Who benefits most from class divisions?
9) Is the issue of class discussed sufficiently in America?
|©2010 - About Us - Blog - Site Map - Contact Us|