Questions for Chapter XVIII
1) What does John Savage feel he needs to be forgiven for or cleansed of?
2) Discuss the significance of John's naked charge into the thorns.
3) Who is Darwin Bonaparte and who might be his modern equivalent?
4) How would you describe the crowd that assembles at the lighthouse? Why are they there? Are there any modern parallels?
5) Explicate the paragraph where John is " digging in his garden--digging, too, in his own mind."
6) Why does the crowd chant "we want the whip" and later, what causes them to begin Orgy-Porgy?
7) Why does John kill himself?
8) What might be the significance of the location John Savage chose to kill himself?
|©2010 - About Us - Blog - Site Map - Contact Us|